[3830] NAQP CW K0UK Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0UK Single Op LP
From: ukbrown@aol.com (ukbrown@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 05:30:51 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    8     3
   80:   13     9
   40:  115    36
   20:  180    41
   15:   81    28
   10:   29    13
-------------------
Total:  426   130  Total Score = 55,380

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC Crestone Needle

Comments:

To all who contested or gave out calls, a big thanks from one of GMCC's Crestone
Needle Team member. I think for GMCC this is the biggest turn out of stations
ever. A big thanks needs to go to N4VI, Chris who organized the teams and all
who helped to get the the troops on for this weekend..
No not all of Colorado has been on fire but many areas have. This weekend we are
finally getting rain and the thunderstroms that go with. Why am I saying this.
Well, this weekend the QRN from lightning and static build up on the antenna's
was tough. I was wondering if the front end on the rig would hold up because I
cant really see whats going on outside with out getting up. But it held together
and the main thing is that We all had fun.
My apoloizes for so many repeats. QRN, my poor hearing and cw copy made for a
tough combination
Started out on 10mtrs getting what I could. No real runs but more than I
thought.
15mtrs I think I should have spent more time but the money was on 20mtrs and ran
the best rates there. Went back to 15mtrs and 10mtrs to see if any mults were
available and found KH6ND,thanks Mike.
Between running on 20mtrs started looking at 40mtrs and the QRN was high there.
40 seemed good but at times especially moving into the evening some signals had
a echo or was that just in my head, Hmmmm. Started running on 40mtrs looking
back at 20mtrs often and found NP4Z for a mult.
XYL, is in and out of the shack with requests,which can be fun, at times. Went
back and forth on all the bands until I hear activity on 160mtrs picking up
mults there and ended the contest on 80mtrs
Hears who I heard from GMCC and Friends,short list...
1. WA0RSX,Carson, GJ,Colorado
2. N4VI,Chris, Co.
3. W0TM,Gary, Ks/Co
3. W0QE,Larry,Co
4. K0RF,Chuck,Co
5. K7NV,Kurt NV
6. N6RO, Ken, Ca
7. AE6Y, Andy, CA
and others..Again thanks...Oh, biggest mistake made of the contest over all was
not QSY'ing mults to other bands. Thats where the 2nd radio sure would come in
handy.
Over all had fun, have more projects to fix and a few more additions inside and
out ..CU Soon..PTL and God Bless to all on this Sabbath Day,K0UK bill brown