[3830] EUHF Champ OH1F(OH1NOA) CW Only HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] EUHF Champ OH1F(OH1NOA) CW Only HP
From: oh1noa@qsl.net (oh1noa@qsl.net)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:53:37 -0700
                    European HF Championship

Call: OH1F
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1AF

Class: CW Only HP
QTH: Pori
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    74    0      33
   80:   119    0      44
   40:   185    0      52
   20:   317    0      55
   15:   242    0      53
   10:   141    0      43
---------------------------
Total:  1078    0     280  Total Score = 301,480

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My first "serious" EUHFC. (Previous operations from OH1ZAA and HA/OH1NOA @HG6N
had higher beer than qso rate)
 When Pasi OH1MM planned to be in mixed class and I still have a some kind of
virus in my throat originally planned Mixed mode operation was out of question.
I arrived to the club too late: only 40 minutes before. Club set-up was still
built for OI2HQ operation (UX1UA, G4VXE & G4JVG operated 80m CW, 40m SSB and 10m
CW from our site in IARU) so I was in hurry. Nema problema - I got station ready
and UA1AAF software copied from the diskette to PC HD already 30 seconds before
the contest start: now, what kind of software this is? (as said, my first
time)

A lack of sleep last week made me sloppy but with a couple of cups of coffee and
some good runs on 20m got me some life, this was actually fun! Well, low bands
were not so funny - propagation was far from excellent. 10m was extremely
difficult to SO1R station - it was up and down. Sometimes I didn't hear any
signals and sometimes there was 599+ ONs/PAs. At least my brutto score exceeds
Pasi's OH record so activity was good.

Thanks for Qs.
Next one from this station will be Scandinavian Activity Contest.

Rig: TS850S + Alpha 91b (1kW)
Ant:
160m 2 Inv V's (@72m & 24m)
80m Inv V and GP