[3830] NA Sprint CW WB6BWZ QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WB6BWZ QRP
From: wb6bwz@arrl.net (wb6bwz@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 03:05:33 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WB6BWZ
Operator(s): WB6BWZ
Station: WB6BWZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.75

   80:
   40:   8
   20:   5
---------------------
Total:  13     Mults = 9  Total Score = 117

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: S. States Sprint Coalition #4

Comments:

Challenging but meaningful contest format.

Interesting to listen to the experienced contesters work SO2R, especially at 35+
wpm on one band and 22- wpm on another.

Many thanks to the contesters who shared their Sprint knowledge on the SeSprint
reflector and to W4AN for constantly encouraging beginners to participate in the
Sprints.

FT-817, 5 watts, into 130-ft 28-ga insulated OCF stealth wire antenna up 40 feet
in trees next to interstate in downtown Atlanta industrial area.

(K4BAI: I didn't realize how noisy band conditions are at my QTH in ATL until I
worked portable just a few blocks from CSG last December.)