[3830] NA Sprint CW K4XS HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K4XS HP
From: cqtestk4xs@aol.com (cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 04:48:15 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 1:10

   80:   0        0
   40:  82     1:10
   20:   0        0
---------------------
Total:  82     Mults = 27  Total Score = 2,214

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: S. States Sprint Coalition #5

Comments:

1 Massive lightning hit + 1 band + 1 radio + 1 rusty cw op + 1 hour = low
score.

This was my first effort in a CW SPRINT in probably ten years.  Even with the
station totally torn up from a lightning hit I took a couple of weeks ago, I
promised N2NL I would get on for a few QSOs.

Since I had to rip up the shack after the lightning hit, I decided to redesign
the shack more ergonomically and was still in the process of rearranging at
0030Z.  I finally found the Bencher at 0045Z and was ready to do at least one
band...40.  It sure was fun using the 2400Hz filter for this CW contest.  It was
the only filter I had on this radio. My main 775 went to radio heaven had all
the CW filters.

I am starting to get the CW bug again and will be doing more of it when the fall
comes.  See you all next week.