[3830] NA Sprint CW N6TR HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6TR HP
From: tree@kkn.net (tree@kkn.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 08:16:06 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6TR
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   76
   40:  124
   20:  141
---------------------

Club: Boring Amateur Radio Club

Team: Corner Pocketeers

Comments:

I reported 46 mults after the contest - turns out my RI QSO was a mislogged
N5RZ.

The conditions obviously made this a little more tough.  Was hard to do as much
two radio stuff when the signals were hard to copy - but after 20 settled a
little in the thrid hour, it got a little bit easier.  Was strange to work 4
QSOs in a row on 20 at 0300.

Thanks for all the QSOs - I think the great activity helped overcome the
condtiions.  Never knew there were so many guys in Florida that knew the code.

Antennas: 20M - 4 element / 36 foot boom @ 72'
              - 5 element / 36 foot boom @ 45' (fixed on W6)

          40M - 3 element / 27 foot boom @ 106' (I love this antenna)

          80M - 1/4 wave sloper which worked very well.  First time I used
                something other than my trusty vertical.  It seems to do
                better with the close in stations - and also doesn't cause
                as much RFI in the house.

Hours: 93 / 75 / 85 / 88

68 band changes - about half of "normal".

Missed: AK, AR, IA, KS, ME, NE, RI, VT, VE1, 2, 4, 5, 8 and WY.  Worked 8P
(thanks Trey) and KP4 (thanks Phil).  N6AN should have been required to find a
replacement operator from Mexico before we let him back into the country.

Great to hear NE6I on again.