[3830] OhQP W1NN Mobile LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OhQP W1NN Mobile LP
From: hal@japancorporateresearch.com (hal@japancorporateresearch.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 06:34:17 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN, AC8E
Station: W1NN

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:    3      0
   40:  388     51
   20:  213     61
   15:    1      0
   10:    1      0
--------------------
Total:  606    112  CW Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 44  Total Score = 123,132

Club:

Comments:

This year the operation was from a rental car, as the old 86 Chevy Wagon just
didn't seem up to the trip.  So the antennas were very limited.  I really missed
the bug catcher.  The only other mobile I worked was my old friend K4UK, with
whom we had a short eyeball at the border of TRUM and PORT.  The only other
mobile I heard was K8CC, who only answered my calls with ??.  We only had 12
counties on SSB, a really terrible performance due to the long skip on 40.  OTH,
had 32 SSB states/provs so the time spent on 20 SSB paid off to some degree.  CW
counties were not much better at 18.  Really enjoyed the beautiful scenery in NE
Ohio and the route that John AC8E drew up.

We had five dupes.  Most of these were with a station I thought I worked 3-4
minutes earlier.  I suppose the first QSO actually took place with another
mobile on or near my frequency.  Fixed stations might be advised to send the
call of the station they are working when two mobiles are on top of each
other.

This is a great event and we'll be back with a better plan next year.  Congrats
to the other mobile teams for their fine performances.  The competition really
adds to the fun of this event.

73,  Hal W1NN (with AC8E)