[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP
From: pmbarkey@comcast.net (pmbarkey@comcast.net)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:27:10 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   87
   40:  148
   20:  105
---------------------

Club:

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Spent the day tearing down, and then re-installing my 80m dipole.
It goes over a line of trees, and no matter what I did I just
couldn't get it pulled clear.  Wasted too much energy on that
silly wire and didn't direct any to being competitive, mentally,
for this contest.

Forgot to hook up the serial interface to radio #2.  It was OK at
first, because TR comes up in 20m as the default, and radio #2
was on 20!  So I went an hour w/o noticing it, happily logging
all of my 40m QSOs on 20!  Result was 6 dupes, a bunch of new
guys not called, and acting like a total lid.  Duh.

To top it off, we even had a mini power failure thrown in.

Spent no time at all achieving the TR zen that I once had attained.
You simply must practice the key strokes of this program in advance.
Your mind will be too frazzled when the fur starts flying.  Still,
I had fun doing more 2 radio in this Sprint than ever before.

I am now ready to run the September CW Sprint.  Can we do it again?