[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8CC Limited Multi-Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8CC Limited Multi-Op HP
From: k8cc@comcast.net (k8cc@comcast.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:23:47 -0700

Total:  460   144  Total Score = 84,528

Club:

Comments:

Equipment:

50  - IC-756, 8877 @ 1500W, 7L @ 95', stacked loops @ 70'/50'
144 - FT-1000MP/DEMI, Henry 2002, 2 x CC13B2 @ 90'
222 - IC-756/DEMI, 100W RFC brick, DSFO222-16@ 45'
432 - FT-847, 100W RFC brick, CC424B @ 50'

Unfortunately, another VHF contest weekend with absolutely no enhanced
propagation.  Really hurts the 50 MHz totals.  Still, about 60% better than our
2001 effort due to station improvements and operator experience.

All VHF/UHF antennas were R&R'd in the two weeks before the contest, which
improved the feedline loss situation.  I thought I was gonna go nuts installing
connectors on LMR-400!

Activity seemed above normal on Saturday, but then dried up on Sunday.
Thunderstorms Saturday evening produced high levels of QRN typical of HF
operating!  Sunday had high humidity and it seemed like as the day wore on, we
had less and less success on 432 MHz.  OTOH, condx on 222 seemed excellent with
better signals.

There's nothing wrong with this contest that more activity wouldn't cure.

73,

Dave/K8CC