[3830] WAE SSB OE6Z(OE6MBG) Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB OE6Z(OE6MBG) Single Op HP
From: mschwab@aon.at (mschwab@aon.at)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:13:17 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: OE6Z
Operator(s): OE6MBG
Station: OE6Z

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Graz, Austria
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:   70    20   112
   40:  131    84   117
   20:  298   236   144
   15:  689   673   166
   10:  455   381   164
-------------------------
Total: 1643  1394   703  Total Score = 2,135,011

Club:

Comments:

Still one of my favourite contests - the one that got me hooked to contesting at
the age of 16 (a long time ago now)... even though typing the qtcs into the PC
is a nerve-wrecking experience. I should have taken up typing at school.

Pre-contest stress was high as usual, the 40 m beam could not get up in time as
domestic chores turned up right before the contest weekend. However, things
turned out better than expected and I was quite surprised when I looked at the
score at the end of the test - I am still not sure whether the program hasn't
made a mistake.

I like the new(?) 000-rule for those who do not issue contest numbers - usually
the rare dxpeditions that you work and who hate you for asking for a number. I
did not realize this, though, until after working TT8DX and VK9YL. After all,
who reads the rules after 20plus years of contesting...

Thanks to all those who put up with my slow qtc-typing and to those who came
back with more qtcs. Thanks also to my xyl who politely pretended to be
enthusiastic about the score and kept boosting my morale with more coffee, tea
and lasagne. Great!

Station consisted of a TS570DG (ran really hot this time), Alpha 86, 6el 10 and
15m yagis fixed to the states and a 16 el rotatable tribander, 2el sloping wire
beam for 40 and 2el rot. yagi for 80. Nothing broke or failed, so no excuses.

73 and see you in the next contest.

Mike, OE6MBG