[3830] SAC CW G0MTN SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SAC CW G0MTN SOAB LP
From: g0mtn@qsl.net (g0mtn@qsl.net)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 08:55:54 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: G0MTN
Operator(s): G0MTN
Station: G0MTN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Birmingham
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:   71    31
   40:   89    29
   20:  118    38
   15:   98    29
   10:   36    18
-------------------
Total:  412   145  Total Score = 59,740

Club:

Comments:

A good contest once again.  The high bands were open well (I notice the DX is
always a few S points stronger when they're not eligible for contest QSOs) and
also open quite late.  Conversely, it was hard work getting the QSOs in on 40
and 80.

I was upset when my trusty TS850 failed a couple of hours in. I was about to
give up completely, but changed my mind and rushed off in the car to 'borrow' an
FT920 from my local club station. Then I realised my keying leads were
non-compatible, and sent CW with the paddle for the rest of the contest.
(Apologies for poor paddle sending!)

Rather difficult on 10m as always, although pleased to get what I did, and
managed a few 5 band QSOs with some of the guys.

This year's SAC was different from previous ones as this time I could put a few
more names and faces to callsigns, being post-WRTC. Great to hear all those
callsigns once again :-)

73,

Lee G0MTN