[3830] SAC CW W4SAA SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SAC CW W4SAA SOAB LP
From: w4saa@arrl.net (w4saa@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:01:21 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: W4SAA
Operator(s): W4SAA
Station: W4SAA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Okeechobee FL
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   0      0
   40:  25     17
   20:  15     13
   15:  14     12
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  54     42  Total Score = 4,326

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operated portable at a friends home in Okeechobee FL where I have my second
radio set up for him to explore the ham bands.  He is studying for his ticket.
We both enjoyed the SAC.  And although Dick can not copy CW yet, he thinks it's
neat and wants to give cw contesting a try.  The setup is an IC-765 into a 5
band traped vertical up 12 ft with 3 elevated radials cut for 40m.  The location
is very quiet and hears well.  Did hand logging and hand keyed for the first
time in several years.  Wanted to keep it simple and show the basic idea.
Signals were generally strong and the operators were snappy.  Made a great
impression here. Thanks for a fine contest.