[3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY N2NL SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY N2NL SOAB LP
From: n2nl@yahoo.com (n2nl@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:49:39 -0700
                    CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:
   40:  154             38      45    18
   20:  167             27      45    18
   15:  233             39      53    23
   10:   96             14      44    18
Total:  650  1458      118     187    77  Total Score = 556,956

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My first serious RTTY contest.

It was kind of interresting, in a perverted sort of way.  It was real tough with
low power at home (stealth antennas only), and I got CQed in the face alot.
Other times I had some decent runs and some real good stuff checked in, even
some UA9's on 40.  It was real frustrating hearing the signal of someone calling
and not getting any copy at all.  CW is defenitely a much better mode when weak
signals are concerned, and my KAM+ was on the receiving end of alot of profanity
from me during the weekend "Darnet - I can hear him perfectly....why can't you,
you stupid....whatever you are".

Pileups and weak guys were fun.  You have to be able to pick calls from
".sxkdhgfkewhrlty34hfj3f" during those times.  A good mental SCP is a must.  One
guy came back to me sending my call as WH2/N2NL.  He must have been using a SCP
of the computer type, with a very old callsign database to boot.

I Ended up with some decent runs, but the rate no matter how fast is still much
slower than on CW.  Its pretty cool to be able to watch TV with the volume up
and still be working guys.

Overall it was an interresting - and dare I say enjoyable? - experience.  I'll
probably be back.  It's pretty neat to work a whole different group of callsigns
- it's like a completely different subculture within the hobby of contesting.

thanKS for the QSOs!
73, Dave N2NL