[3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY VE3BUC SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY VE3BUC SOAB LP
From: doncassel@compuserve.com (doncassel@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:54:58 -0700
                    CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE3BUC
Operator(s): VE3BUC
Station: VE3BUC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Brampton
Operating Time (hrs): 31

   80:   16    30       14       3     4
   40:   70   169       21      24    10
   20:  211   540       36      57    22
   15:  360   948       37      61    26
   10:  250   673       23      58    18
Total:  907  2360      131     203    80  Total Score = 977,040

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Station Description: Yaesu Mark V (at 150 watts)
Antenna(s): TA33-Jr., R5 vertical, DX/DD inverted-vee
Operators: VE3BUC

Comments:
No other Rtty contest in the past has come close to this one for me.
Not much station-wise has changed. Still using low power, and a small yagi
at 10m with a P133 computer and Writelog. The only difference was the
integration of MMTTY with WriteLog and that seemed to handle the weak
signals better. I often copied signals clearly that did not appear on the
S-meter and were even difficult to hear audibly without cranking up the
volume. I did forget a few times to shut off the AFC and return the frequency
to center when going from running to S&P. Thanks to Don AA5AU who reminded
me that I was off frequency early in the game so hopefully this did not cause
too many problems after that.

Conditions this weekend bode well for the CQWW phone contest. Hope to see you
all then.

de Don VE3BUC