[3830] TxQP WW5X SO Mobile HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TxQP WW5X SO Mobile HP
From: bill@wells.net (bill@wells.net)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:36:01 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: WW5X
Operator(s): WW5X
Station: WW5X

Class: SO Mobile HP
QTH: Mobile
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   63    399
   15:           6
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   63    405      0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 50,420

Club:

Comments:

I absolutely need to have a navigator next time.  Single-op + Navigation really
cuts the qso/hr!  Equipment: 756PRO, Ameritron ALS500M, Screwdriver with 102"
whuparr.  Managed to drive through 21 counties, computer was far too noisy on
15, car was too noisy on 40.  Found the grounding problem that quieted down the
car noise by the second day - but it was too late for the score by then.  Wanted
to do more CW but I found that my eyes glazed over and I slowed down when
driving and sending at the same time... so I had to go back to phone when in
motion.  Next year - 12v mobile power supply for the computer, don't use the
Honda Passport (too noisy), SO2R, navigator, a little more voltage to the amp
(usually only getting 350 watts) and I?ll take off work so I get started on
time.