[3830] Oceania SSB VK4EMM SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB VK4EMM SOAB LP
From: John_Loftus@vettweb.net.au (John_Loftus@vettweb.net.au)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:38:55 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: VK4EMM
Operator(s): VK4EMM
Station: VK4EMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Petrie
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:   22    19
   40:   99    76
   20:  212   139
   15:  686   310
   10:  445   234
-------------------
Total: 1465   778  Total Score = 2,829,586

Club:

Comments:

I'm very pleased with a personal best for Oceania Phone contest.

Band conditions were well above average to all continents on all bands.
A very good (brief) 10m opening to Europe netted 105 EU QSOs

Congratulations and thanks to great efforts by 4W6MM, VK5GN, and all
participants.

Continent statistics - percentages (highest to lowest):

Asia 46.8
Europe  35
North America  11.8
Oceania 5.7
South America  0.7
Africa 0

Remember the boom times when NA was a clear leader ... what happened?
I will be doing my best next weekend (CW) to help with a recovery.

Antenna

10m 7 element yagi 1
10m 4 element yagi 2

15m 4 element yagi 3
15m 3 element yagi 4

20m 3 element yagi 5
20m 3 element yagi 6

40m 6 element full size array fixed to North America (3 NA QSOs 1 QRP)
40m 3 element quad fixed to Asia and Europe
40m 3 element quad fixed to South America

80m 3 element full size yagi fixed to North America (1 NA QSO)
80m vertical

160m fallen victim to storm - being rebuilt

73, John VK4EMM