[3830] CaQP K6AQL/M Mobile HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6AQL/M Mobile HP
From: David.B.Kunkee@aero.org (David.B.Kunkee@aero.org)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:07:07 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6AQL/M
Operator(s): K0DI K0KTZ
Station: K6AQL/M

Class: Mobile HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:     6
   40:   246    23
   20:   459   215
   15:   376   228
   10:    15     5
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1102   471  Mults = 58  Total Score = 1,573

Club:

Comments:

Although it's not obvious at first from the bottom line, what a difference a
year made for a mobile station in this contest!  I remember last year I was
working a string of EU stations on 20 SSB until 0600Z from Tehama and Butte
counties - wow that was pretty neat.  This year, 20 meters was all but gone at
0300Z - just at the time I needed it most in Sutter and Yuba Counties - which
always have a high demand.  So, in the end I had to use 40 CW to get anything
going at all from Yuba of all places this year.  All but the most powerful
signals were reduced to noise level - not helped by contributions from close
proximity powerlines, engine, and power inverter of course!

Sunday made up for much of the lost ground Saturday evening (compared to last
year) culminating in a great runs in CW and SSB from Monterey county which I'll
remember for quite some time.

73,
Dave, K0DI