[3830] PaQP K3PP Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] PaQP K3PP Single Op HP
From: k3pp@arrl.net (k3pp@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:00:16 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CAR
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:   46      26
   80:   23     173
   40:  107     325
   20:   73     201
   15:    0      59
   10:    0     275
    6:    0       2
    2:    0       2
--------------------
Total:  249    1063  Mults = 140  Total Score = 207,140.0

Club:

Comments:

My score reflects the 6 bonus QSOs with W3FRC and I still need to go over the
numbers to ensure their accuracy.  WriteLog was a bit goofy on the scoring, with
a 10x multiplier and maybe some other things.  Wow!  A PA QSO Party score over 2
million!  How about that?!

I was delighted to surpass my goal of 200K!  I didn't light the woods on fire
this time (not even possible with all the rain!)!  I even ran for a good stretch
on CW!  My CW still needs work, but I'm improving.  I also need a LOT more
practice with the SO2R setup.  That apparently takes a lot of time in the chair
to adapt and I just haven't been able to make the commitment.  So, for now, the
nice hardware/software setup is not being used to its potential.  When I do
figure it out, LOOK OUT!

The CAR record falls again!  I assume many others did as well.   Condx were
great!  10m held up for decent, though not spectacular, EU runs.  What happened
to 15?  My 80m CW antenna is flakey, so my CW numbers were down there.

God bless the mobiles!!  N3ZNI/M have me CRN for my first ever single-op county
sweep!  What a pileup!  The ARRL/RAC sections were also much better represented
than last year!  Thanks 1 1.0E+06 to everyone for the QSOs!!

Congratulations to AA3B, K3WW and several others for their incredible scores.
I'm continually humbled by their abilities!

Way cool!  What a fantastic contest!!!!

VY 73 de Glenn K3PP