[3830] CaQP KS6U Cnty Exped LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CaQP KS6U Cnty Exped LP
From: k4xu@arrl.net (k4xu@arrl.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:37:07 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: KS6U
Operator(s): KS6U, K2DI, W7MT, W7YOW, WA7AJ, KI6Y, KD7RZA
Station: KS6U

Class: Cnty Exped LP
QTH: Modoc
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:    5     16
   40:   72     38
   20:  217     22
   15:   83     11
   10:   28     48
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Central Oregon DX Club

Comments:

We take our responsibility to provide the Modoc County multiplier very
seriously. We had a somewhat reduced effort this year. Climber K4XU was out of
the country so the antennas were more modest. We had two 100W stations, one
trap
 vertical and a few dipoles. The QTH is at a fire tower in the Modoc National
 Forest. It's a good feeling to have the other op say "Your're my last mult,
thanks for the clean sweep!"
New member K2DI did a great job on cw, as the cw/ssb split shows. KD7RZA, a new
no-code tech, was thoroughly contest-indoctrinated, he's hooked. Next year we
will have a full effort with two beams, an 8 man crew and 3 100W stations.
 Missed mults: AK HI VT.