[3830] JARTS VE3BUC Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] JARTS VE3BUC Single Op LP
From: doncassel@compuserve.com (doncassel@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:33:06 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: VE3BUC
Operator(s): VE3BUC
Station: VE3BUC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Brampton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   80:    4     8     4
   40:   41    96    26
   20:  141   357    51
   15:  270   715    73
   10:  208   565    63
-------------------------
Total:  664  1741   217  Total Score = 377,797

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Excellent propagation conditions led to my personal best in this contest. Great
to work AA5AU on five bands. The only one. Interesting Andy's (VE9DX) comment
that us NAs are an older group. The average age I worked in the contest was 52.
I guess that makes us above average Andy. ;-)

A few weeks ago I had moved a newer P450 to the shack which worked great for the
phone and cw Cal and PA QSO parties. But this weekend the computer did not like
Rtty and locked up several times. Probably RF getting into the PC. My apologies
to all who were interrupted by the otherwise smooth flow to the contest.
Especially to the G3 (whose call is lost forever) on 10 meters who instead of my
exchange received a string of unmentionable characters similar to that found in
a comic strip. Quickly adding some toroids to the keyboard, mouse and audio
cables and rebooting seems to have helped.

73,
Don VE3BUC