[3830] IlQP K4BAI Non-IL HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IlQP K4BAI Non-IL HP
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (k4bai@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:55:57 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Non-IL HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    1
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  165     89  Mults = 81  Total Score = 33,939

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Multipliers = 75 counties plus 6 extra mults for 8+ QSOs per county.

Suggestion to contest committee:  It takes an extraordinaily long time to
prepare the log for this contest due to the non-standard rules, particularly the
multipliers.  I know of one high scoring out-of-state station who has said he
will not submit a log since there is no readily available logging program that
will compute the points.  I am afraid the IQP is being left behind
technologically.  Probably it would be better to provide modules for the popular
contesting programs and make the score determination more like the standard QSO
Party.  If the sponsors have software which will determine and add the extra
multipliers, the sponsors could add points in the logchecking process.

73,

John, K4BAI.