[3830] IlQP NE0P Non-IL LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IlQP NE0P Non-IL LP
From: ne0p@arrl.net (ne0p@arrl.net)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:56:36 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: NE0P
Operator(s): NE0P
Station: NE0P

Class: Non-IL LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  211     52  Mults = 90  Total Score = 42,660

Club:

Comments:

Wow!!  What great activity today!  I worked one less
county than last year, but beat last years score by
9000 points.  FOr one thing, the bands seemed to be in
better shape this year, and was able to make several
15 meter QSOs.  There was decent activity on 20 SSB,
but never found SSB on any other band, except for a
QSY to 15 SSB with K9PG and to 40 SSB with KF9TL/P.
40 was a little noisy here but no problems hearing
everyone.

Thanks to all of the mobiles/portables who put the
counties on the air.  Some of you must have been
really crusing give how quickly you changed counties.
Hope to make it up to Illinois next year and go mobile
myself, as I miss that part of the contest.

I was surprised that I missed Sangamon and Tazewell
counties, since those are fairly populous ones.  Never
even heard them on.

Equipment: Yaesu FT100D-100 watts,  Mini Quad on
20-15, G5RV 40 and 80.

Look forward to hearing other's contest stories, and
to seeing everyone next year.  Don't forget the
Oklahoma QSO party next march.

73s John NE0P Lawton, OK