[3830] CQWW SSB 9A1P M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 9A1P M/S HP
From: hrle@ipazin.net (hrle@ipazin.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:53:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9A1P
Operator(s): 9A2CW, 9A2RD, 9A5AEI, 9A6NDX, 9A6XX, IK3UNA, S55M
Station: 9A1P

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Istra
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  116     7       51
   80:  328    13       76
   40:  290    25       98
   20: 1320    37      153
   15: 1248    36      145
   10: 2041    37      157
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Run: IC775DSP + Alpha 86A
5 el. Yagi 10m, 6 el. Yagi 15m, 3 el. Yagi 20m, vertical 40 and inv vee 80m +
full size 80m vertical on 2nd night, 160m dipole

Mult: TS930 + Emtron DX-2
KT34XA + wires

Last minute change from M/2 to M/S due some antenna problems but it seemed to be
way better choice on the end.
Not as good condx as last year or whole week before, lack of West Coast condx
did hit on us badly otherwise who knows...

Fantastic mults job mostly by 9A2RD and 9A5AEI (we tought DXC is dead, but
bandmaps were just empty) so others could've easly run (IK3UNA, 9A6NDX and
9A6XX). Not to forget fast S55M fixing Alpha amp blew up and 9A2CW 100m field
running to manualy turn KT34 for each mult..

Food turned to be our biggest problem... we had to eat chickens and frite almost
whole weekend.. pigs got sick for the weekend... aaaaaaaa! We imported that
kinda meat from S5 in the very last moment on saturday evening :-)

See ya around freaks,
9A6XX - Hrle

P.S. story + pix will follow in few days on our site, http://rkp.ice.hr/9a1p