[3830] CQWW SSB K4RO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4RO SOAB HP
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (k4ro@k4ro.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:20:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Tennessee
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

160SSB      14          14         17         6         6
   80SSB      26          26         54        16         9
   40SSB      46          46        119        33        15
   20SSB     119         119        277        52        24
   15SSB     239         237        646        72        23
   10SSB     679         673       1899       103        28

I operated about 20 hours casually, while re-building
K4RO.NET from "base metal" (newly formatted disks and
a new operating system.)  Thank goodness for backups.
Nothing like starting from scratch to find the real
holes on one's backup routines...

Ten meters was great -- no other band was good for any
kind of decent runs, so I just kept going back to ten.
The multiplier count is indicitave of the fact that I
was calling CQ 90% of the time while working on another
project.  Every time I did bother to S&P, it seemed like
every other QSO was a multiplier.

Only about 20 hours on the air -- I slept both nights,
going to bed way early (0300z) Friday night.  All of my
low band contacts were on the second night. I didn't even
hit the run bands until 1400Z.  Just too much going on
this week, and I'm not enough of an SSB fan to take it
real seriously.  Plus, I'm saving my energy for CW SS
this weekend.  See you North Americans then.

C U DX CW OPS in CQ WW CW Contest.  Thanks for all the Q's.

-Kirk  K4RO