[3830] CQWW SSB VA3SK M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA3SK M/S HP
From: va3sk@rac.ca (va3sk@rac.ca)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:20:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA3SK
Operator(s): VA3SK,VA3MW,VA3PC,VE3HG,VA3GGF,VA3RRW
Station: VA3SK

Class: M/S HP
QTH: North Bay , ON
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   41     5        4
   80:   76    13       30
   40:  557    25       88
   20:  871    34      127
   15:  812    33      130
   10:  610    30      134
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The Pre Contest setup didn't look good. An AMP got dropped being carried to the
barn where we operate and it had smoke comming out of it when turned on. Another
amp just had smoke. We fially got one amp running for the start, and built one
out of two soon after the start.
The lowbands were flat up at our location, and all offshore contacts were a
struggle at times.
The higher bands were there, but ten meters didn't give us a long opening. All
Bands gave us some flutter, hinting at aurora.
We did get a rotor working on our 40 meter yagi the second night, so were able
to get a few mults out in the pacific, but we had to work hard for the JA
contact.
We had a great time, and will be back again.