[3830] SS CW KU8E Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW KU8E Single Op LP
From: ku8e1@yahoo.com (ku8e1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:32:49 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   17
   40:  329
   20:  430
   15:   41
   10:    3
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Station 1 : TS850S , G5RV at 55 ft
Station 2 : TS830S , 20 meter dipole @ 35 ft

 I had planned on doing a FT effort but had some problems with my CW interface

(W9XT contest card) early on Sunday afternoon. Locked up radio on transmit. I
spent a couple hours trying to figure out problem and gave up in frustation.
After I took the card out out the computer and put it in another slot it started
working again. By then my head wasn't in the contest anymore so I quit and got
on the last 1 1/2 hours.

 It was fun while it lasted... My first SS outside of the SS "black hole" of
Ohio. We had a saying in the midwest "there is no meters like 40 meters" . Here
in GA you could modfy that saying and just fill in 20 meters. 430 QSO's on that
band with a 35 foot high dipole !!!!  I can't imagine how well I would of done
if I had a "real" antenna on that band. 73's until next time....

                   Jeff KU8E/4