[3830] SS CW K7NV Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7NV Single Op HP
From: k7nv@contesting.com (k7nv@contesting.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:22:35 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   26
   40:  337
   20:  237
   15:  523
   10:   91
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Used up all my Sunday break time + a bit, playing why won't this amp work. Two
used (new to the shack) nearly identical amps brought back from the southland
last week. Now, I'll be all set if something goes wrong!
Big bang in p/s #1 in the mini-sprint Friday nite, throw the other p/s in
there..works ok! Rig goes silent on on recv on Sunday morning at 16:00. After
horsing around checking all the obvious, it's got to be the T/R relay. No
problem! I'll just throw RF deck #2 in there...hmmm, only 500 watts at max plate
current, can't load the darned thing. It worked fine when we tested it before
coming home? Maybe a tube went...open up both RF decks swap tubes, still 500
watts. That's better than 100 isn't it? Oops, past my break time limit, better
get with it.....That was the 10m/20m amp for Sunday. The very old Alpha on
station #2 did just fine, good thing, 15m/40m were my best bands...hmmmm.

Sure liked the new little 40-2CD at 50', this was the first time here that I've
been able to hold a 40m run freq in SS. Last year I had 121 q's with the 4 Sq.
That move demoted the second tribander to a 25' guyed mast, but it did ok,
everyone is "high" in SS anyway.

Lot's of fun as usual, just never found VY, which shuda been a no brainer.

Thanks for the q's
73, Kurt