[3830] SS SSB NY4T Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NY4T Single Op LP
From: ny4t@comcast.net (ny4t@comcast.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 01:14:43 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NY4T
Operator(s): NY4T
Station: NY4T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): ~21.5

------------
  160:
   80:   92
   40:  249
   20:  377
   15:  145
   10:  130
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Sick as a dog with a terrible cold, first time with new boom mic setup and vox
and first time with rig interfaced.  Nevertheless, a new personal best by far.
170 Q's over best previous effort.  It was fun but I probably won't be able to
talk for a few days. (And I am scheduled to give a program for a local club
tomorrow night, hi hi)  The exchange itself keeps the lid factor down in this
one as stations are FORCED to identify, likely against their will.  The new
bizarre habit I am seeing now is when I am calling CQ at a rapid clip and
someone jumps in with "again".  Did they think I was going to just stop and go
away all of a sudden?  This just supports my contention that logic should be
taught in secondary schools.
Okay, enough ranting....here is the mega-micro station setup.  Kenwood TS450SAT,
260' wire loop at 40' fed with ladderline, MFJ432 DVK, W2IHY 8-band EQ,
RS33-3018 mic with boom.  E-mail me if you want to know the mic story.  There is
a viable inexpensive alternative to Heil.  Thanks again to J for that
indispensible mult of his and W7TTT in NV for the sweep.