[3830] SS SSB WF4DD(KG4CZU) School Club HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WF4DD(KG4CZU) School Club HP
From: cgplum@mthcsc.wfu.edu (cgplum@mthcsc.wfu.edu)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:40:50 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WF4DD
Operator(s): KG4CZU
Station: W4NC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Missed RI this year (after a clean sweep last year, kind of disappointing).
However, I only put in a few hours this year, so it's all good.  I had to get up
early on Sunday (6:30AM) so quit at midnight local time.  After a quick lunch on
Sunday, started the contest again at 1:00 local time and ran until 5:30, when I
had to leave for another meeting.  One year I'll learn how to set aside enough
time to operate the whole weekend in a single-op contest.

Equipment:  TenTec OMNI VI+ driving TenTec Titan 425 amp @ 1300W
Antennas:  F12C4XL @ 70', 80m sloper (never heard enough stations on 80m to
warrant changing from 40m)
Software:  CT 9.x

Thanks to Henry Heidtmann W2DZO for helping me install the W9XT card in the
computer before the contest.  I never thought it would be that difficult to get
keying on the line.  However, other than operating the whole contest in VOX, it
worked perfectly.  Sometime soon we'll post the solution that we found to
interfacing the card with the TenTec to CQ-Contest so everyone can learn from
our wisdom (such as it is).

73,
Chris