[3830] SS SSB K8BL Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K8BL Single Op LP
From: k8bl@ameritech.net (k8bl@ameritech.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:27:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Mentor,OH
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:  257
   40:  233
   20:  307
   15:  181
   10:   47
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Condx very good & lots of stations participating.  Strange how the difficult
Sections differ versus the CW Contest.  VY1's and VO's were readily available,
but NV, SC and VE2 were hard to find (for me).  My last Section was NV.  Found
it odd that a couple stations (one, a VE4) thanked me for being their first Ohio
on mid-Sunday afternoon!  Heard a couple stations begging for WPA!!  Glad to
hear quite a few YL's and a number of teens & younger.

This year's excuse for my not doing the full 24 hours: My XYL went out late
Sunday afternoon to run some errands and left her lights on while parked and it
ran down her battery.  Had to go get her re-started & it cost me a couple hours
of prime time near the end of the Contest.  She didn't want to hear anything
about waiting for AAA!!!  :-(