[3830] WAE RTTY VA3XRZ Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY VA3XRZ Single Op LP
From: va3xrz@qsl.net (va3xrz@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:50:46 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA3XRZ
Operator(s): VA3XRZ
Station: VA3XRZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0    0     0     0
   40:   26   26     0     6
   20:   54   54    10    16
   15:   55   55   110    25
   10:   50   50    50    24
------------------------------
Total:  185  185   170    71  Total Score = 52,540

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I believe the scoring is correct, I verified it manually and, even though it is
not shown in the summary, RTTY 5.02 takes into account the multiplier weight
per-band (i.e. x3 in 40m, x2 in 20/15/10m) to calculate the score.

RTTY by WF1B 5.02 handled and tracked both sent and received QTCs correctly, but
I made a QTC-related mistake though: I told G0URR we had already exchanged QTCs
when in fact we hadn't... sorry Robert, I misinterpreted the screen, after
declining your QTC request I realized that the software beeps and pops up a
message when QTCs were already exchanged, in this case it was just showing me
the QSO to be sent... oops!

Rig:                    TS-830S running 30W
Antennas:               Cuschcraft R5 and 40m dipole
Logging Software:       RTTY 5.02 by WF1B
RTTY Software:          MMTTY 1.62c emulating a KAM TNC

The WF1B/MMTTY combo worked perfect, I set up MMTY to log the whole contest in a
text file so now I have every single QSO and all QTCs exchanged recorded.

73,
Julio VA3XRZ