[3830] SS SSB K8MR Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K8MR Single Op HP
From: jimk8mr@aol.com (jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:09:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:  443
   40:  121
   20:   83
   15:  148
   10:   59
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

With a great turnout from many normally rare sections, I find it interesting to
see which sections completed the clean sweep for different people.  For me: WCF.
 Hey FCG guys, what was going on down there this weekend, a major shuffleboard
tournament or something? <g>

I had only 4 sections with single qsos: MAR, MT, WCF, and PR.

I got a late start after a day of tower work at K8AZ, so I did a bit of
experimenting.  Rather than trying to force my way into an overcrowded 20 or 40
meters, I went to 75 very early and waited for the activity to arrive.  Lots of
slow time until the activity picked up about 02Z. I operated until about 05Z,
then went to bed until the cat summoned me for doorman duty at 1030Z.  Being up,
I got on for half an hour with fair results; at least there was no trouble
finding a frequency! Then back to sleep until about 1430Z, by which time there
were no frequencies to be had on 40 or 20.  I never did get much going on
Sunday, but kept plugging away from most of the rest of the contest.

Hearing the fresh meat guys on Sunday night, I may have to find an extra station
or two next year in SSB.