[3830] SS SSB N2CU Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N2CU Single Op LP
From: n2cu@arrl.net (n2cu@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:20:55 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   29
   40:   29
   20:   22
   15:    6
   10:   15
------------

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Don't really like long SSB contests, so only planned on making 100 QSO's.
Couldn't resist making #101 with K9CU (nice call!). Nice to work J. with one
call and get two Yukon's within minutes.

Strangest moment was when I found a clear frequency on 15m, listened for a half
a minute and then asked "Is the frequency in use?" Some 5-land station came back
and said "This frequency is always in ABUSE". I then asked who was he talking to
and he replied "Well I'm talking to YOU, and some other guys. You don't want me
to go through the list". I added that I don't hear him or anyone else in QSO to
which he again replied "This frequency is always in abuse". Figured it was
futile to try CQ'ing there since I would probably have to put up with this nut.
After a few minutes of broadcasting his message, he gave up when someone else
began working stations there.