[3830] SS SSB WP3R(KE3Q) Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WP3R(KE3Q) Single Op HP
From: ke3q@msn.com (ke3q@msn.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:35:38 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WP3R
Operator(s): KE3Q
Station: WA3FET/KP4

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Esperanza, PR
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   28
   20: 1192
   15:  252
   10: 1255
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K9PG reported my call was being bootlegged.  If you worked WP3R giving a lower
QSO number and M as the precedence, I hope you logged a second KP4!  W7OM was
another one who had me in the log but hadn't worked the real me.  Those are the
only two I know of for sure and they both did get me eventually.

209 first hour was my personal best so far.  Previous best was 202.

Highlights:  Working my XYL, W3AMY, for QSO #1 to start things off, working VO
on Saturday for my earliest sweep ever (I think), working the many young ops
(judging by voice, etc.) giving late nineties, 00, 01 and 02 checks.  I was
impressed by some of the excellent operating by some of these new hams; I would
never have guessed they were new at it.  And, working many YLs, many of them
giving M as the precedence with the OM audibly coaching in the background.
Seemed like they were having a lot of fun.  And, working my longtime buddy,
WY3A, with less than two minutes to go -- he had been running his best rate ever
as fresh meat on 80 and decided to come looking for me right at the end and
found me right away.

As usual, thanks to WA3FET, WP3R, NP4A, KP4TG, WP3N and others for keeping the
station going.  73 - Rich, KE3Q