[3830] SS SSB N2MF Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N2MF Single Op HP
From: bedward@dreamscape.com" <bedward@dreamscape.com (B.Edward)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 03:31:47 -0000
                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 16-Nov-02, 17-Nov-02, 18-Nov-02

    Callsign Used : N2MF
         Operator : N2MF

         Category : Single OP HP
    Operating Time: 18 Hours

 Default Exchange : B N2MF 71 WNY

             Name : BRIAN J EDWARD
          Address : 3000 HENNEBERRY RD
   City/State/Zip : JAMESVILLE NY 13078
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Salt City DX Assn

   80SSB     419         419        838       8
   40SSB     358         357        714       1
   20SSB      67          67        134       0
   15SSB     353         353        706      54
   10SSB      19          19         38      17

 Totals     1216        1215       2430      80

    Final Score = 194400 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________
I thought I was off to a good start, but Murphy struck hard this year.
 Freezing
rain started about 7pm local time on Saturday and continued to about noon
Sunday.  It seemed like the Yagis were playing weird during the night and
at daylight I could see why.  Element tips were pointed towards the ground
under an inch of ice.  Tree branches fell onto the Beverages, and the
dipoles looked more like verticals.  I played around on 40 and 15m with one
of the wire antennas to make a few more contacts and complete a Sweep.  Too
bad this happened at the beginning of the contest season, as its a long
time to Spring when repairs
can be made.  Special thanks to VY1JA who called me on 75m and was
extremely patient while I struggled to copy his exchange through the rain
static for the NWT multiplier.  Can't wait to 2003 SS!

73,
Brian N2MF

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the
best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.