[3830] CQWW CW 6Y4A(K2KW) SOSB/40 QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 6Y4A(K2KW) SOSB/40 QRP
From: k2kw@prodigy.net (k2kw@prodigy.net)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:19:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 6Y4A
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: 6Y4A

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH: Jamaica
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40: 1648    29       97
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1648    29       97  Total Score = 442,308

Club:

Comments:

I was at the key for this band...  I used N1MM logger, and it was a great asset!
(KE7X on 20m, and N6XG on 15 also used N1MM logger).

QSO total includes a lot of dupes, but score is correct.  I had forecasted that
`450,000 points would be possible, and came very close to my target.  But I had
assumed that 2000 QSOs would have been possible, but lower mults.  Again, I blew
out my forecast on the mults.. I was amazed at some of the weak zone 17, and 18
mults called in.

We used 2 antennas on this band:  2 ele full 1/4 wave vertical elements pointed
to EU, and a 2 ele Sigma 40 array towards EU (the JA array was out on a
spectactular point in the ocean).

This effort surpassed W0YK's 2001 world record who manned 6Y4A that year (I
think Ed's final score was around 260k, which had doubled the previous QRP
record at that time)

Weak EU opening the first night.  Very hard to hold a frequency on this band,
and finding another one that produced EU QSOs was really hard...

Kenny K2KW