[3830] CQWW CW HZ1AB(SM0CXU) SOSB/15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HZ1AB(SM0CXU) SOSB/15 HP
From: sm0cxu@hotmail.com (sm0cxu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:13:06 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HZ1AB
Operator(s): SM0CXU
Station: HZ1AB

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: HZ1AB
Operating Time (hrs): 19.6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1930    36      121
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1930    36      121  Total Score = 798,973

Club:

Comments:

Thanks for all QSOs. Some of you may have been surprised when I called you, the
reason was that I lost one mains phase during some hours and without the linear
I could not hold a run-frequency so I had better S&P and hunt multipliers.

Had 7 hours mains power problems whereof 5 hours was prime-propagation time!
Thanks to Steve, KA8GVS who came to assist crank up the generator, hope no one
argues to put me in Assisted for that :-).

And as the mains power was not enough, the fuse to the FT990 got faulty. It
didn't blow, but gave up due to a bad quality fuse.

The generator could not handle the Aircondition, so it got quite warm in the
shack, thanks that the contest is during the "winter" here. BTW, last year it
was raining almost all the time.

Finally, for resons beyond my control, I had to close operations much earlier
than planned, last QSO was at Sunday 12:06. This also added to hours that I
lost, but I was of course happy to get home much earlier than planned. My
DXpedition route Dhahran - Riyadh is some 400 km on a 2x3 lane highway!

Equipment: FT990, TenTec Titan, Force 12 - 5BA at 40m and CT

73  Thomas, SM0CXU @ HZ1AB