[3830] CQWW CW SP8ZBX(SP5UAF) SOSB/20 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SP8ZBX(SP5UAF) SOSB/20 HP
From: tomek@sp5zcc.waw.pl (tomek@sp5zcc.waw.pl)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:44:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SP8ZBX
Operator(s): SP5UAF
Station: SP5ULD/8

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Iwonicz
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1129    32      106
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1129    32      106  Total Score = 271,170

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

Conditions were not good on 20 meters - especially on Saturday. Many Carribean
stations appeared on 20 meters when they were hardly received in Poland. I heard
many DLs working them but in SP it was almost impossible. Most of such
multipliers were worked about the noon on Saturday or on Sunday but I lost a lot
of them (to mention V4, J7 or KP2).  So in the end the multiplier is not high.
Also very few JA stations. On the other hand many zone 3 US stations on Sunday.
I was lucky to be called by KL7XX so I didn't lose this zone.
I was at the radio the first night (night in Poland) but during the second one I
went to bed - the band was almost completely dead, also during the last hours of
the contest.

Equipment: FT-1000MP + PA 700W; 6 el. mono-band Yagi