[3830] CQWW CW KQ2M SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KQ2M SOAB HP
From: kq2m@earthlink.net (kq2m@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:54:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KQ2M
Operator(s): KQ2M
Station: KQ2M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Connecticut
Operating Time (hrs): 45.8
Radios: SO2R

  160:   45    11       28
   80:  263    19       82
   40:  766    31      106
   20:  569    35      117
   15: 1049    35      124
   10:  908    26      108
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Very strange propagation weekend!  Lots of good unexpected openings and lots
of expected openings that never happened.

Great low-band openings the first night which all but disappeared the second.
Great JA LP on 40 at 2200z on Saturday but couldn't work them.

Felt like I was swimming uphill in the last 6 hours with lots of "brain fade"
and wasted time.  Definitely DX'ed too much but hard to resist with all the
interesting active Dxpeditions.

Highlights:

40 & 80 GREAT the first night
Broke 100 mults on 80 for the first time and 722 mults Unassisted!
15 Meters "magic" once again!

Lowlights:

More and more incredibly unruly DX pileups
Even LESS ID'ing by DX stations and NOT announcing QSX operations
10 Meters going away!  ;(
20 Meters minimally useful after dark - Sunspot minima here we come!
AURORA!

It is becoming painfully obvious to me that I need a ROTATABLE 40 meter antenna.
 In fact, I need to improve ALL my low-band antennas as the highbands go away.

Congrats to N9RV, K5ZD, N2NT, K4JA and others for great scores.  Look at that
K4JA 40 meter number - WOW!

Thanks for all the qso's and the qsy's!

73

Bob KQ2M