[3830] CQWW CW K1TO SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1TO SOAB LP
From: k1to@aol.com (k1to@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:02:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   31     8       17
   80:   98    15       59
   40:  473    28      110
   20:  442    30      114
   15:  591    31      116
   10:  659    29      112
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Tremendous help from fellow FCGers in the weeks, days and minutes leading up to
this one.  If you heard the letters "CW" being sent at the end of an exchange
this weekend, that was an FCGer honoring our fallen founding grandfather (K4OJ
being the founding father of the FCG) - W1CW.  RIP, Bob.

CQWW CW is THE contest.  The multipliers that are available are just amazing.
Thanks to all of you who traveled around the globe to activate one!

Although a QSO was squeaked out with GM3POI on top band, a bunch of neat ones
were heard that did not hear me, including A61AJ, VK6VZ at our sunrise, PT5A at
his SR, XT2DX and EA8ZS.  Ended the contest unsuccessfully in the V47KP
pileup.

80 was neat at times.  S9MX successfully moved there with me and I did work
A61AJ there.  Heard ZC4DW, 9K9X (who I also heard at 27999.5 at one point
running guys!) and ZP6T in the last hour on 80, but no luck getting through.

Antennas look like this now:
160 - Inv vee with apex at 160' (phased array later)
80 - (3) 1/2 wave slopers from 86' (eventually this will be a Lazy Vee system)
40 - 2/2 @ 160' rotary /80' fixed East
20 - 204BAS @ 100' rotary, 204BAS @ 50' fixed NE (not stacked)
15 - 4L @ 87' rotary, 4L @ 29' fixed NE
10 - 4/4/4 @ 57' rotary, 38' fixed NE, 19' fixed NE