[3830] CQWW CW VK4DX SOSB/20 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK4DX SOSB/20 LP
From: radio@stelex.com.au (radio@stelex.com.au)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:31:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK4DX
Operator(s): VK4DX
Station: VK4DX

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1145    35      115
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1145    35      115  Total Score = 505,120

Club:

Comments:

This was the "long-pat-only contest"

I worked only about 20-30 US stations on SP, EU didn't work well on SP either,
and Japan was good as usual. However on the LP I worked around 200 W's on sunday
morning (my local time)in 90 minutes, worked most of EU on the LP, picked up
heaps of mpls from Carribeans and S. America and almost all multis from Asia
came on longpath. Just incredible. I think 75% of all QSO's were via longpath.

The best of all was the QSO with zone 2, from here via south polar region, up
the globe, trough north polar region and bang into VE2. The signals sounded like
the mountain creek, hi. I wish I could have taped it.

73 Mike, VK4DX (see you in ARRL-10, on shortpath I hope)