[3830] CQWW CW OT2A(ON5UM) SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OT2A(ON5UM) SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: on5um@hotmail.com (on5um@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:07:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OT2A
Operator(s): ON5UM
Station: ON4LIR

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: jo21gc
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1721    36      143
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1721    36      143  Total Score = 690,045

Club:

Comments:

Rig : FT 1000 MP - TL 922 (600 W)
Antennas : 1/ 5 over 5 element monobanders top @ 32 m
           2/ single 5 element monobander fixed to 165° (rotor broken and
              removed after the SSB leg hurricane strength storms)@32 m
           3/ 1/4 wave vertical @ 15 m ( a great asset and a " must have " )
Logging  : CT Ver 9.80 ( only problem was rig Ctl with OUT of band errors
           not allowing to log te qso's , so switched off as I had no time to
           find the solution command to make it play ) Subrcvr is easy to go
           spots and work them allmost immediately in the pile , hi )( Only
           needed more time with EY7AB....)

Comments : Finished first day at 910 qso's (goal was 1000) but DXCC was worked

           after some 7 hrs into the contest with 29 zones )Band opened here in

           Belgium around 06.30 UTC and closed around 19.00 UTC on both days.
           Only a few JA soulmates on saturday but very , many on sunday .
           Things slowing down between 10.30 and 12.30 on both days .Logic
           as JA path closes early and North American path opens  a couple of
           hours later . With dear friend Dan KL7Y passing away I thougt that
           would not work Zone 1 but KL7XX came to my rescue...Tnx a lot . Sure

           miss You Daniel...not only for seeing You in the logs .
           Had to wait also allmost till the band closed for zone 2 but it came

           after all.
           Some contesters need to check the signals they put on the band
           because many had clicks and rogh sounding code and ...very broad .
           Others do not behave and simply come and sit to close (what are 200

           cycles with signals reaching 20 or 30 db over 9 ???? COME ON
"OM3OM"

           I had a better time this year as last year's cw leg was handled
           under "flu..y" conditions and a brain not able to figure out what
was
           happening...never catch a cold or influenza prior to contesting...)

           Thank You all again for making it in the OT2A log and maybe we work

           again from EA8(Gran Canaria) in the ARRL 10 m test in a few weeks .

           ( Retired then ... )

           This contest,I want to dedicate to Daniel KL7Y , to W1CW , to K3SA
           and the very many we are missing so much .

           Enjoy and keep it clean and in a real ham spirit ,

           73 ,

           Jim - ON5UM