[3830] CQWW CW YT6A SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YT6A SOAB HP
From: yt6a@cg.yu (yt6a@cg.yu)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 02:57:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YT6A
Operator(s): YT6A
Station: YT6A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Obosnik
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:  129     9       52
   80:  331    16       79
   40: 1083    35      122
   20:  895    34      119
   15: 1101    32      124
   10:  397    30       96
------------------------------

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!!
First at all, all  what I planed was different. Very bad weather conditions
obstruct to finish what I planed and I decide to enter on all bands at Friday,
few hours before the contest. New 20M yagi that we put up on Friday (as
usually??) on the most remote 22m high tower fortunately worked properly. Wire
antennas to, and finally at Friday evening I complete everything. No
interference between radios on any band.
At Saturday morning, at 08:00 electricity was disconnected because some
reconstructions on HV towers are in progress next 15 days!! Unbelievable.
Generators I have on location allow me to work only with TL 922 with maximum
500W and I continue almost LP every day from 08:00 until 17:00. It push me to
use S&P as much as it is possible and fortunately it bring me a lot of
multipliers. And I keep satisfactory rate, because almost each station was new
ones.  And conditions were excellent. 10 and 15M bands were open and many new
mults come. Even I had low power, there was no problem to call any mults through
pile-ups.
160M were nice. I heard all Caribbean stations 59, but did not work any W's.
Just forgot to be there at time. My friend FM5GU was 59+.
80M were great to. I did not spend too much time on it, but with new wire
antennas I called all I heard when come on.
40M were my running band where I spend most of nighttime. Excellent conditions
and many, many unexpected rare multipliers come on CQ. EU QRM neutralizes many
Far East stations to run pile-ups. I will remember this contest by 9M2TO on 40M,
which I tried to call through unbelievable, but very undisciplined EU pile up.
After few minutes of replying his CQ TEST and trying to hear his reply ( there
were no way, because EU's called him more that 30 seconds ) I finally hear. YT6A
( many times )....no QSO, no, no, QRM, QRM ? QRZ!! I am very sorry, but I can?t
hear any reply through EU's. Far east stations have to know how it looks from EU
side and to use split.
20M were good to. New 5 elements on 11m boom  worked excellent and I had highest
rates from USA on this band. Many rare mults to.
15M and 10M was ecellent this time. 15M were my daily running band, but 10M were
very quite and wide open. First time I had pile up from JA's on 10M like on PED.
Strong and very clear signals, without usual QSB.
CONCLUSION
It was good opportunity to break EU record from LY6M. Band was open from 160M to
10M but I lost at least 500/600 Q's because 16 hours of electricity failure and
LP at that time. On the other hand, it pushes me on S&P and I worked unhoped
number of MULTs. But I have to be satisfied with score and to try next time.
Thank to all who called me.
My log will be available on www.contesting.info after 15. January in new
database. More details you will find on web.

CU TEST
Ranko - YT6A