[3830] CQWW CW VE6SV M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE6SV M/S HP
From: gkosmenko@arrowspeed.com (gkosmenko@arrowspeed.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:10:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6SV
Operator(s): VO1CV VE5FN  VE6AKY VE6EPK VE6EZ VE6NAP VA6ZZZ VE6SV
Station: VE6SV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sherwood Park, AB
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:   16     4        4
   80:  189     9       19
   40:  544    28       91
   20:  214    34      101
   15:  956    33      101
   10:  566    23       59
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Kind of a tough contest for us in the sense we could not establish any
substainable runs into Europe, Japan or even NA. As usual we heard more than
we were able to work. What openings occurred were short and low in signal
strenght. We plotted the K-index (low of 2 to a high of 6) and our prop followed
the trend with prop closing as the K rose in value. For us in the aurora zone
eveything was weak and fluttery.

The team operated as team and did a great job as a team. One of these contests
the sun will give us a break and hold the x-ray emmision for a full 48 hours and
we can than experience the "good prop conditions" others seem to be reporting.
Moving the station to a lesser latitude just is not an option.

On behalf of the Sierra Victor team thanks for all the QSOs and look forward for
in doing it again.

73, Gord VE6SV