[3830] CQWW CW VA3XRZ SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA3XRZ SOAB LP
From: va3xrz@qsl.net (va3xrz@qsl.net)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:47:39 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3XRZ
Operator(s): VA3XRZ
Station: VA3XRZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   98    13       31
   20:   88    17       39
   15:  102    15       45
   10:   88    15       46
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Absolutely 100% S&P with no packet, some pile-ups were impossible to get
through.

Bad conditions this time, I had to multitask contesting with some house and work
chores so I set my personal goal to make 100 QSOs in each band but I could only
accomplish it on 15m, and barely.

As soon as it gets dark outside I have an S7-S9 line noise on 20m coming from
the sodium street-lights that renders the band virtually unusable during the
night, several calls to the Town and the local Hydro produced no results so far.
On Sunday afternoon I had some intermittent line noise on 15m and 10m, I really
can't understand how a semi-rural location like this can be noisier than my old
city location in Mississauga... the only thing I have gained is more antenna
space, but noise-wise is worst.

Oh and I have to do something to get on 80 and 160, my all-band efforts are
really only four-band efforts.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73 de VA3XRZ