[3830] ARRL 160 K8GU(@W8FT) Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8GU(@W8FT) Single Op LP
From: ethan@palau.onu.edu (ethan@palau.onu.edu)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:05:03 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: W8FT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 353  Sections = 46  Countries = 1  Total Score = 34,080

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Radio:  IC-765 (100 W)
Antennas:  90-ft shunt-fed tower, 280-ft two-wire beverages

I had already committed my Friday night to other activities;  so, I had to go
with the less-than-optimum Saturday night slot.  I had a good time for a short
effort.  I finally got bored when the rate dropped around 0230z and packed-up.

Computer logging has been around since I was learning to walk.  In light of
that, I decided to give the computer a break and send the whole contest by hand.
 I have a greater appreciation for anyone who went/goes 48 hours with a set of
paddles.  It is a lot of fun, though.  Thanks for bearing with my sloppy fist at
times!

--Ethan, K8GU.