[3830] ARRL 160 W4NF M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W4NF M/S HP
From: W4NF@COMCAST.NET (W4NF@COMCAST.NET)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:14:27 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 650  Sections = 66  Countries = 10  Total Score = 101,308

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I called the Northern VA Electric COOP after ARRL SS Phone as tremendous line
noise appeared during that contest and killed 80 Mtrs for me.  The noise was 20
over on 160 also.  Within 3 days of my call they went to the location I pointed
out to them and found a faulty arrestor.  With that fixed I could again play
radio.  I didn't even tell my wife was going to be operating and scheduled my op
times so as not to cause problems with other activities in the evenings.  Not a
serious effort but wanted to break 100K.  Went to sleep at 2 AM on Sunday
morning after I worked ID as a new mult to push me over the 100K.  I also had a
G4 and GW answer my CQs on the second night which is quite special in my book.
Great fun and fast rates on Friday night.  Used FT 1000MP, Alpha 374A amp and
Inverted L with 64 ground radials.  73, Jack W4NF