[3830] ARRL 160 W3DF Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W3DF Single Op HP
From: w3df@arrl.net (w3df@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:32:45 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W3DF
Operator(s): W3DF
Station: W3DF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 19.2

Total:  QSOs = 747  Sections = 71  Countries = 6  Total Score = 107,352

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first year running high power, although only for part of the time,
QRO after midnight.  New amp works great on topband.  What a difference the
extra power  makes!  Had some DX call me this time - a new experience!  The
extra radials on the inverted-L (21 total this year) also helped because I was
able to work the west coast easily with 100w.  Missed Nevada, KH6, and KL7 for
WAS.  Only 6 DX QSOs but worked a bunch of VE7s.  DX condx didn't seem as good
as last year.  Only a few EU stations heard (only one worked).  Worked the band
out the first night resulting in a very slow second night.  CU next year.

W3DF