[3830] CQWW CW KB0VVT M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KB0VVT M/S HP
From: kg0us@arrl.net (kg0us@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:33:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB0VVT
Operator(s): KB0VVT, KG0US
Station: KB0VVT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    8     2        5
   80:   27    13       24
   40:   81    22       64
   20:   52    21       39
   15:  277    33       83
   10:  205    28       76
------------------------------
Total:  650   119      291  Total Score = 721,190

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

HIGH(Part Time) POWER MULTI-SINGLE STATION

ICOM 775 DSP
KENWOOD TS-850S

2 Dunestar       600 bandpass filters

40 foot Universal Tower with KLM KT34A tri-band beam.
Alpha Delta DX-A twin sloper mounted on the tower at around 35 feet.
Cushcraft R7 Vertical.

We used an AMPLIFIER for the first time ever!

  Steve K0OU went to play radio in Arkansas so he let us use his TL-922A.  It
worked very well and did not cause much interference on our television until
early Sunday morning.  I thought we were in the clear until my neighbor came
over complaining about some sort of Morse code sound changing his color to black
and white.  I do not know what happened on Sunday morning but our own Television
was taking the worse pounding ever.

We never really got serious about this contest after working seriously on the
Sweepstakes this month.  How much contesting can a person take?  Besides, it is
hard being serious with a tri-bander at 40 feet located in the middle of the
United States.  We had fun working all that DX!  I had fun just playing ham
radio with my 14 year old daughter.  She is getting pretty good at this CW
stuff.

Rebecca?s post and photograph of her operating ARRL SS CW is located at the
following link:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox/index.html?con_id=20&call=kb0vvt

73
Dave KG0US