[3830] ARRL 160 W1SJ Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1SJ Single Op HP
From: w1sj@arrl.net (w1sj@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:44:38 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 992  Sections = 71  Countries = 15  Total Score = 176,816

Club: Radio Amateurs of No. VT

Comments:

Conditions much better this year than in the previous two years. There was a
good smattering of Europe and West Coast stations to work. Worked my first VK
ever in 25 years on 160 meters.  Hearing anything beyond CA is very tough with a
small antenna from the NE.

I appeared that I was often heard better than I heard other stations. For those
who had to send their callsigns many times - Thank you for your patience! I'm
using an aging TS-830 with leaky filters and a dipole only up 50 feet. No
beverages here except for the occasional Coke.

See 'ya in the 10 Meter mess next weekend!
Mitch W1SJ