[3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO CW LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO CW LP
From: ns3t@arrl.net (ns3t@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:36:34 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: FM19
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   CW:  400   107
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  400   107  Total Score = 172,056

Club:

Comments:

I squeezed in as much time in the chair as I could, but with Xmas parties
and family gatherings on Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon
and Sunday evening...you know the story..

The highlights for me included some new DX, including 4L, JY and 4Z.
4Z4DX confused the heck out of my tired brain early Sunday morning
when he sent me 5NN UU7.  It took me almost an hour to figure out
that set of cut numbers and it won't surprise me if I butchered it
in the process.

I worked every mult I heard except two - KL7RA who had too big a
pileup on Saturday afternoon, and a WY station who was calling CQ
but couldn't hear me.   Once again, I came up empty handed on
South Carolina - I only worked SC once in the SS SSB, SS CW,
ARRL 160 and ARRL 10...it must simply be in a terrible close-in
skip position for me.

This marks one year since I started using Writelog in contests,
and I can tell how much better I operate.  I came close to doubling
my score, even though I worked the same amount of hours...

With my vertical and 100 watts, it's always interesting to see
where the signal goes in these contests....afer the US and VE (19 Q's)
my top five included I, G and LU - 10 contacts each, followed by
EA and UR with eight, OH and UA with seven each.

What still amazes me about this contest is the wacky propagation -
ZL6QH in the clear at midday here on the East Coast...and VK's
coming thru as well...in between those contacts, I work two states
in New England, which I can rarely even hear on 10.  Usually I hear
three main states on 10 - CA, TX and MN...but in this contest, I
only worked one from Minnesota.

Thanks to everyone who pulled out my signal - what a fun time
as always.

73s Jamie NS3T